Thursday, April 22, 2010

Da GRIN! R.I.P


Can we please have a moment of silence...

The young, talented, versatile rapper Olaitan Oladapo better known as Dagrin passed away in the afternoon of 22nd April.

He had been involved in a ghastly motor accident when his car ran into a stationary truck parked in front of the Alakara police station Mushin on the 15th of April, at around 3am.

He was a fast rising rapper and he was best known for the hit track 'Pon Pon Pon'.

His album C.E.O got him a lot of respect and recognition amongst his peers and even non-lovers of hip-hop.

He was nominated thrice for this year's Hip Hop World Awards(HHWA) scheduled to hold in May. One of the nominations includes Album of the Year for his album C.E.O.

Its always sad when a young person dies, more so when they are talented and gifted and their lives are cut short in their prime, just as they are beginning to shine.

I can't help but feel that if LUTH, where he was treated was better equipped he would have survived, but then again, when death comes , it comes.

All I can say is Rest in Peace Olaitan Oladapo a.k.a Da Grin and may God grant your family the Grace and fortitude to bear your loss. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Nigerian govt took another one out! I dey vex dat country mehn. R.I.P DaGrin! I didn't know him personally but this news hit me hard. God knows best Adieu

    ReplyDelete